The project encompasses the design, construction, financing and operation of the Worcester Library and History Centre (WLHC) known locally as the ‘Hive’, for a concession period of 25 years. The ‘Hive’ was built to create a cultural learning and information centre of excellence, promoting lifelong learning, engendering social inclusion and raising aspirations in the community as well as providing a range of services under one roof:
- A fully integrated public and University library;
- Worcestershire Record Office;
- Worcestershire Historic Environment and Archaeology Service;
- Worcestershire Hub Customer Service Centre;
- Café and refreshment outlets;
- Meeting rooms; and
- Exhibition and drama spaces.
The ‘Hive’ – which comprises 11,862m2 of internal floor area – was built by Galliford Try Construction and achieved services availability in January 2012. Facilities management services are provided by Bellrock FM.
|Super Sector :||Social Infrastructure|
|Sub Sector :||Authority Accommodation|
|Capital Value :||£38m|
|EMS Start Date :||December 2020|
|Services Provided :||Full SPV Management|
|Client :||WLHC ProjectCo Limited|
Worcestershire County Council